Snort mailing list archives

Re: Bonding or bridging two subnets

From: Robert Welz <welz () fixe-post de>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 13:47:03 +0100

Now everythig becomes confusing. First my original posting had an immediate reply (not to the list but to me privately) in french which I didn't understand. I thoght the message was rejected due to some unicode / iso charset mismatch. It looked really wiered, especially if you don't speak a single word french. especially not "unicode-french".

Then barryab63 answered me (thx barryab63!), but to my private postbox and to the list but I replied to him and not to the list.

To get things back on track I post my second question here again.

barryab63-ia () yahoo com wrote:
> I don't think you'll want to bond or bridge the two interfaces in the case you describe. I think you'll want to run multiple instances of snort, one for each of the two interfaces you want to monitor. If you installed via RPM on SUSE I think you can do this by changing the settings in the /etc/sysconfig/snort file. You just tell it which interfaces you want snort to monitor and it pretty much takes care of everything for you.
>
> Barry

Runnig two processes of snort on the same machine has more computing costs than running one process? I have 3 Gigabit (although 32Bit cards) which I want to observe. Will my 2.6 GHZ Celeron be enough? I plan logging to a different machine though.
Thanks,
Robert

SquirrelMail looks wired with unicode