Snort mailing list archives

Re: Bonding or bridging two subnets

From: <barryab63-ia () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 04:21:51 -0800 (PST)

Robert,

Not to sure about the processor, I've found memory to be more of a limiting factor when running multiple instances of
snort.  It is a good idea to have it logging to another box.

If you use bonding on the interfaces they basically become 1 virtual interface, you wouldn't be able to address the 2
interfaces separately anymore.  So, I don't think that will work for what you've described.

I'd suggest trying the multiple instances and see how it works.  You make get some packet lost if you run low on
processor or memory.  In which case you'd have to look at trying something else.

Barry