Snort mailing list archives

Re: Base 1.2 Vuln

From: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson () secureideas net>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 18:50:51 -0400

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 09:40 -0400, Joel Esler wrote:
I got an email last night from Kevin (Project lead of BASE), said that
he has fixed it.  Look for a new BASE release soon.

We are trying to test the fix out as much as possible.  If you would
like, you can either retrieve it from CVS or add the following as line
202 of includes/base_db.inc.php

$sql = eregi_replace(";", " [Possible SQL Injection Attack] ", $sql);

The release will happen as soon as testing is done.  This patch will
work on any version of BASE, but we recommend upgrading.<g>

On another note, I couldn't replicate the bug.

I also am not able to replicate the actual SQL injection, but I can see
where it could happen.

Joel Esler