Snort mailing list archives

Re: easy update question

From: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson () secureideas net>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:16:05 -0400

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 09:21, Jason Benway wrote:
I'm currently running snort 2.3.0,base 1.0.2, and oinkmaster 1.1
I want to upgrade all of these to the current release.
I'm running snort with mysql. I still like to use rpm files, so do I
install the snort rpm or the snort-mysql rpm first?
For base and oinkmaster I just extract the files over the current files correct?

thanks,jb

Hi-

People usually upgrade BASE by copying it to a separate directory and
copying their config to the new system.  But there are upgrade
instructions for every release.

Kevin
BASE Project Lead
http://base.secureideas.net