Snort mailing list archives

Re: adding another sensor

From: James Riden <j.riden () massey ac nz>
Date: 27 Apr 2005 09:13:59 +1200

Jason Benway <benwaynet () gmail com> writes:

I'm adding my second snort install at one of our remote locations. I
want to log the snort information back to my local snort install so
base can see all the information.

I installed snort and snort-mysql on the remote linux box. Now I'm
assuming in my snort.conf I set the output to the mysql database on my
local snot box. Then all the snort data will be in the same database
and I can view it in base?

Where in the snort conf to I give the remote sensor a different name?

thanks,jb

adjust for mysql as appropriate:

output database: log, postgresql, user=snort_db_user dbname=snort password=******* host=<remotehost>
sensor_name=<sensorname>

cheers,
 Jamie
--
James Riden / j.riden () massey ac nz / Systems Security Engineer