Snort mailing list archives

Re: Adding Email Details in base

From: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson () secureideas net>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 07:04:29 -0400

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 02:28, Mark Sargent wrote:
James Riden wrote:

Mark Sargent <powderkeg () snow email ne jp> writes:

Hi All,

ok, thanx for that...tell me, how does base send mail..? does it have
it's own engine..? I sent mail to an external address, but, even after
5mins, it hasn't arrived.

Added 0 alert(s) to the Alert cache
Successful Email alert(s) (full) - 50 alert(s)
 *Queried on* : Thu April 14, 2005 15:24:59

Do I need to set anything in the config file of either base or snort for
this..? Cheers.

Hi-

BASE uses the mail program that your copy of PHP is configured with.  I
believe that it is configured in your php.ini which should be in your
/etc directory.

Kevin
BASE Project Lead
http://base.secureideas.net