Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort+Mysql

From: "Paul Schmehl" <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 23:46:10 -0600

----- Original Message ----- From: "Senthil Prabu.S" <prabu333 () hotpop com> To: "Snort IDS" <seguranca_snort () yahoo com br>; <snort-users () lists sourceforge net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 10:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort+Mysql

Hi,
checking for mysql... yes

Upon compiling I get the following error message:
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(my_compress.o)(.text+0xbc): In function
`my_compress_alloc":
: undefined reference to `compress"
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(my_compress.o)(.text+0x13a): In function
`my_uncompress":
: undefined reference to `uncompress"hints

The linker is unable to resolve certain compression routines needed by the
MySQL client library. Add "-lz" to the "LIBS" variable in the Makefile.

Or run ./configure --help and look at your options. You can most likely build the port with something like this: ./configure --with_mysql --with_mysql_libs=/usr/local/lib (or whereever your libs are)

Sometimes even this will work:
./configure --with_mysql=yes

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer