Snort mailing list archives

mysql and snort problem

From: nadias () iastate edu
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 22:55:41 -0600 (CST)

Hi there,

I am a new user and I am trying snort to log events to mysql database on
windows platform. The snort
version I am using is this: http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/win32/snort-
2_3_0RC2.exe and the mysql version
I have installed on my pc is following :mysql-essential-4.1.9-win32

I get following error:
ERROR: database: mysql_error: Client does not support authentication protocol
re
quested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client
Fatal Error, Quitting..

What is going on? What do I need to do to fix this? What version of mysql
would be compatible
with the above mentioned snort version?

Regards,
Nadia