Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort rules

From: "Chris Vaughan" <chrisv () parkavebank com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 15:28:59 -0500

The truthful answer is this: the rules are set up to meet the needs of *most* users. If the rule doesn't fit your
needs, then make a modified copy of it and stick it in your local.rules file.

Don't expect snort to completely match your needs right out of the box. Most of us have spent weeks/months setting up
custom rules, thresholds, and the like to make snort work in our environments.

Chris Vaughan