Snort mailing list archives

Re: --enable-sourcefire

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:40:39 -0500

Geffrey Velásquez wrote:

With 2.3.2:

./configure --help
 --enable-sourcefire      Enable Sourcefire specific build options

It actually does nothing.

It adds -DSOURCEFIRE to the cflags passed to the c compiler. This creates a defined preprocessor symbol SOURCEFIRE, but nothing in the source code uses that define. Having flags like this is pretty common in development. I suspect it's an artifact of some testing flags that one of the developers uses.

I even did a recursive grep, and found no reference the the SOURCEFIRE directive anywhere other than configure and configure.in, proving it really does nothing.

grep -r SOURCEFIRE *
File configure:
 CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DSOURCEFIRE"
File configure.in: