Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort in IDS mode

From: "Snort" <Snort () InterCept Net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:09:07 -0500

To "block" traffic, you might want to read up on the flexresp and inline
stuff... with the flexresp, you can send tcp_rst packets to the
offending host. Download snort look inside the doc folder, there are 2
documents that explain this a bit further
snort-2.3.2/doc/README.FLEXRESP and snort-2.3.2/doc/README.INLINE. You
can also go here and get more info on the inline stuff:
http://snort-inline.com

Thanks,
Michael Brown