Snort mailing list archives

RE: [SPAM] - Snort in IDS mode - Email found in subject

From: "Marc Hering" <mhering () reval com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:25:13 -0500

Logging to a file is just a setting in snort.conf, When you edit that
file, you will see a section for logging and where the log files are.
Just set the conf file for log location, and rules files locatoin and
start Snort and then it should bein IDS mode.

But why no Database?  I run snort on my Winblows laptop with MysQl and
Acid so I can see what's goin on without having to sift through the logs
manually..You'd be surprised how many times you get hit at a Starbucks
(Oops, I mean "Fourbucks" :) )

AS far as I know you can't have it block traffic....