Snort mailing list archives

Re: Base Barnyard and Unified Logs

From: "Esler, Joel CNTR/Sytex" <joel.esler () rcert-s army mil>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:40:14 -0500

BASE gets it's info from the database.  What you put in the database is
up to you.  BASE reads it raw out of the database.  I agree with
everyone else, I think your sid-msg.map is messed up.  I would point
barnyard at your sid-msg.map that is updated.  (I would also recommend
using IDSPM to manage your rules and auto-fix your sid-msg.map)

BASE does not read raw files, it will not read your sid-msg.map.  I had
a discussion with Marty recently about possibly generating the sid-
msg.map on startup, or some kind of method to autogenerate it so this
type of thing does not happen.

Joel Esler
BASE Project Lead