Snort mailing list archives

Re: Sourcefire Tactics - New Licensing

From: Brian <bmc () snort org>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 15:16:53 -0500

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 08:43:47AM +1300, James Riden wrote:
Anyone who wants to fork the current sourcecode and rulebase may do
so, and do their own development.

If you do this, be sure to mind copyrights in addition to the GPL.

Over 50% of the official ruleset was written by me before I started at
Sourcefire.  I am gearing up to send nastygrams to various organizations
that redistribute my work after removing my copyright statements.

Brian