Snort mailing list archives

Re: slow transfers from a samba share

From: Jason Haar <Jason.Haar () trimble co nz>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 07:03:35 +1300

Daniel Struck wrote:

Just for the record, maybe some new snort users face the same problem ;-)

Someone on the snort-inline-users gave me the solution and it is so simple I wonder why I didn't find it out ;-)

You have just to tell snort to not put the card in promiscuous mode with the "-p" flag.

Well yes... but now you no longer have a NIDS - you have a HIDS...

(roughly speaking)

Jason