Snort mailing list archives

Re: slow transfers from a samba share

From: Daniel Struck <community () struck lu>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:36:38 +0100

I found the cause. It is not snort but the wireless card driver. If i put the wireless card manually in promiscous mode
I get the same slow transfer rates.
It is the Hermes PCMCIA card support in kernel v2.6.9-gentoo-r3.

Will try out if linux-wlan-ng gives the same result.

Daniel

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 17:39:07 +0100