Snort mailing list archives

inordinate # of pings

From: cc <cc () belfordhk com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:12:54 +0800

Hi,

I'm using snort (latest version) w/ ACID as the
front end to view the alerts and have noticed the
I have been receiving either ICMP Pings (undefined Code)
to ICMP PINGs (with the "Please help me.  Matrix catch
me." text in the packet).

Most, if not all of these Undefined Coded pings are
from research.sea.pnap.net. and a couple of other *.pnap.net
IPs.

Is anyone familiar with this domain?

Thanks.