Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Q] Bleedingsnort rules

From: Frank Knobbe <frank () knobbe us>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:58:20 -0600

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 12:55, Stef wrote:
I did - and it did not work, but even logically speaking,the error is
such that it points to the right file - again:

ERROR: <my-path-to-rules>/bleeding-sid-msg.map(1) => Unknown rule type: 2000003

That error only comes up if you try to include the file. As mentioned
previously, don't do that. The sid-msg.map file is not included in the
snort.conf so the bleeding-sid-msg.map is not either. Instead append the
contents of file bleeding-sid-msg.map to sid-msg.map.

grep through your snort.conf and make sure you don't include any
sid-msg.

Regards,
Frank