Snort mailing list archives

Re: Getting more paranoid by the minute. :-/

From: "Shaun T. Erickson" <ste () smxy org>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 13:57:21 -0400

Andreas wrote:

On Sat, Apr 24, 2004 at 09:35:30PM -0400, Shaun T. Erickson wrote:

The more I read Syngress Snort 2.0 book (I'm in chapter 5), the more I understand that there are an endless number of attacks out there. I'm concerned that my lack of knowledge will let an attacker at the data. I can't let that happen.

Note that snort by itself won't stop any attack. It's more like an alarm.
(unless you play with inline snort or hogwash)

Yes, you all got that through my head, and I made sure the customer understood it, this morning. Thanks! :)

        -ste