Snort mailing list archives

snort_acid_rh9.pdf

From: Steffen "Maetzky (extern)" <Steffen.Maetzky () gedas de>
Date: 21 Apr 2004 11:14:38 +0200

Hi,

I have a question about P. Harpers installation-guide:

1) mysql> grant INSERT,SELECT on root.* to snort@localhost;

why root and not snort?

grant INSERT,SELECT,UPDATE on snort.* to snort@localhost identified by
'password';

I think UPDATE is needed to update the last_sid value of table
snort.sensor and CREATE,DELETE are not needed to put data into a
database

2) mysql> grant CREATE, INSERT, SELECT, DELETE, UPDATE on snort.* to
snort@localhost;

Why not a user named acid?
                                                                                         grant CREATE, INSERT, SELECT,
DELETE, UPDATE on snort.* to
acid@localhost identified by 'password';

3) mysql> grant CREATE, INSERT, SELECT, DELETE, UPDATE on snort.* to
snort;

for other sensors?

Thanks in advance,

Steffen