Snort mailing list archives

building snort from CVS

From: "Jason Monroe \"JC\"" <monroe () nas nasa gov>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:05:55 -0800

Ok guys is there an automatic way to do this?

I did:
SnortFAQ:3.19 "How do I get the latest version via CVS"
then I try to ./configure and there is no configure script

So I did the following:

1) Download snort-2.1.1
2) copy configure script from 2.1.1 to checked out version
3) copy ALL Makefile.in from 2.1.1 to checked out version
4) copy config.in.h from 2.1.1 to checked out version
5) copy depcomp from 2.1.1 to checked out version

After which it was possible to configure and build the pig

Thanks,

JC