Snort mailing list archives

which book on snort ?

From: peter pilsl <pilsl () goldfisch at>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 13:26:55 +0200

Just planning to buy a book about snort to get seriously involved in IDS using
snort.

My primary targets are to setup snort as IDS on various gateways/servers using
postgresSQL, apache and acid as supporters for analyzing.
I also expect a indepht-sight on how to figure out what rules I actually need
and who the bad guys are.

I'm working as admin for linux for years now and have high skills in
installation/network-stuff. I already use some homemade IDS's and even run snort
on a few machines but I never took the time to really seriously get into this
topic (which is ment to end very soon ;)

on amazon and snort.org I found three books covering snort and I simply dont
know which one to pick. Maybe some of you already took a closer look to these
books and can give me a recommendation.

thnx,
peter

--