Snort mailing list archives

Re: copious (snort_decoder) WARNING: Not IPv4 datagram!

From: Geoff <gpoer () arizona edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:43:02 -0700

Are you doing any V3pn... I saw some strange snort logs like this when we did some VPN testing. Other wise, it looks like a fragmented packet with the DF flag set and some strange TOS settings (strange like not possible). But you have peeked my curiosity can you get a packet capture? What version of snort are you running and on what OS?

Geoff

Ernie Lim wrote:
Maybe these might help...  and would there be any other info that I can
provide??

[**] (snort_decoder) WARNING: Not IPv4 datagram! [**]
10/27-22:02:19.044913 204.152.189.116:0 -> 2.0.0.22:0
TCP TTL:57 TOS:0xE7 ID:27057 IpLen:8 DgmLen:1492 DF

[**] (snort_decoder) WARNING: Not IPv4 datagram! [**]
10/27-22:02:27.255180 204.152.189.116:0 -> 2.0.0.22:0
TCP TTL:57 TOS:0x37 ID:50784 IpLen:24 DgmLen:1492 DF

[**] (snort_decoder) WARNING: Not IPv4 datagram! [**]
10/27-22:03:10.219730 204.152.189.116:0 -> 2.0.0.22:0
TCP TTL:57 TOS:0x43 ID:51284 IpLen:16 DgmLen:1492 DF