Snort mailing list archives

RE: OT: Spam Mail on List?

From: "Schmehl, Paul L" <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:08:11 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Quibell [mailto:mquibell () fbfs com]
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 9:32 AM
To: snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Cc: snort () metbymail com; info () lucretia ca; ebeekman () schubergphilis com
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] OT: Spam Mail on List?

I got something new this week: I received emails from
advertising-bounce () rootwars org. The context was that I was
sort of a member of their mailing list. Don't know how that
happened. Anyone else? Sorry about O.T.!

Yes.  Boatloads of it.  I just added them to my spam rules.

It appears that someone signed up a bunch of list (several different
lists) members to some advertising list out of Australia.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member