Snort mailing list archives

RE: Monitor multiple VLANs

From: "Douglas McCrea" <dmccrea () rci rutgers edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:30:28 -0400

I set the spanport to monitor the trunk port. I've found that only active VLANS seem to be monitored though. If you set
the port you are monitoring from as trunk and do not use spanport, would that provide improved results (i.e. all VLANS
on trunk could then be monintored, not just the active VLANS on that particular switch)?

-Doug