Snort mailing list archives

RE: Monitor multiple VLANs

From: "Jake Seitz" <jseitz () firstam com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 08:53:57 -0700

Not sure about windows (I think the higher end Compaq/HP include NIC drivers
for tagged interfaces, not sure though), but we have done VLAN tagging under
RH7.x without problems.

Just set your switch port as a trunk, verify that its using 802.1q
encapsulation, include your vlans and you "should" be off to the races.

Just a thought

Jake S
First American Corp.
http://www.firstam.com