Snort mailing list archives

Re: Is it really a HUB?

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:37:46 -0500

At 03:16 PM 11/28/2003, you wrote:

Interesting.  I personally use a NetGear DS104 dual-speed hub, specially
purchased for such work.  I've never seen that behavior.  I do, though,
have to watch the port speed lights carefully, and hard-set the NIC
interface speed at times.

Actually I just looked at it.. it's not a netgear, it's a linksys "network everywhere" NH1005 v2.

The "square blue box" look which I distinctly remembered about the device confused me into thinking it was a netgear.

This device really does have a very similar look to netgear products:
http://networkeverywhere.com/products/nh1005.asp