Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort service fails to start

From: "Gnik N." <gniknalu () sbcglobal net>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 12:26:54 -0700 (PDT)

I say try to start it manually. Go to a command
prompt. "CD" to the \snort\bin directory. If it's
installed as a service, issue something like "snort -c
c:\path-to-snort.conf -l c:\path-to-logs -T".

See if that gives you any errors. If so - that will
help you see what's wrong.

Also - winsnort.com has a forum that I'm sure can
provide assistance.   :o)

Gnik

--- Michael <mringer () austin rr com> wrote:
I am running Snort 2.0 on an XP box with IDScenter
as the front end.  My configuration tests ok, but
when I tell snort to start it says Starting Snort
Service failed.  Any hints?

Thanks
Michael Ringer
Office Manager / Technical Liaison