Snort mailing list archives

Attack on snort running in Public Zone

From: "crtech" <crtech () hot rr com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:18:35 -0600

I was wondering if someone could point me to some information on the exploit
that would allow a person to compromise a snort "stealth" box.

Lynn Gustafson

It seems to me that, second interface or not, such an exploit as the
example Matt gave could also be used to somehow provide an IP to the
'stealth' box.

Now a tap, well, they would need to do some wiring to beat that one
(unless there's another interface).  Right?