Snort mailing list archives

Re: AG

From: GDHough <mr6re9 () execulink com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:58:18 -0500

Alert Groups are a way for you to organize it all in some way that makes sense
to you...I'm guessing. Some things like graphing will not function without
Alert Groups. I think by putting an alert into an Alert Group, you are just
name tagging it.

Once or twice a day I check for new alerts. I decide whether to keep them
around or not. For some that I'm tracking, I designate an AG (give it a name
and short description) and put it in. I just let ACID give the AG an ID, it
starts at #1.

Use the AG's anyway you want to. Have an AG for a specific machine, a certain
time of the day or base it on the rule itself. As far as I know, YOU have to
create the groups and manually populate them.