Snort mailing list archives

New independent IDS test reports

From: "Bob Walder" <bwalder () nss co uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:42:00 +0200

Just released our latest batch of test reports:

Gigabit IDS Edition 2
100Mbps IDS Edition 4
PKI Edition 6

They are available via links on our home page at www.nss.co.uk

I know in the past some of you have objected to providing personal info
via our registration form, so that requirement has now been abolished.
There are some one-click questions you could answer to help us out in
determining the type of people downloading the reports - location,
industry type, etc, etc - and we would be really grateful if you could
take 5 seconds to complete these as you go through, but none of it is
mandatory. I hope that helps.

Also, the complete product evaluations are on-line this time for the
Gigabit IDS report, not just the vendor questionnaires. The only bit
that is missing is the test results - if you want those there is a
complete paid-for report available via our on-line store, and it is now
possible to download the files immediately the order has been processed.

The 100Mbps IDS report is COMPLETELY FREE and available in its entirety
(as is PKI) and includes test results for Snort 2.0 which I think many
of you will find fascinating!

Hope you find the reports useful - now we get stuck in to testing
in-line Intrusion Prevention Systems!

Regards,

Bob Walder
Director