Snort mailing list archives

(no subject)

From: "Marc Quibell" <mquibell () fbfs com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 13:02:56 -0500

I've seen the "Snort threshold email" alerts posted here before, and would like
to see anyone's BEST config to accomplish threshold email alerts.

What would also be cool is automatic Abuse notifications to ISPs and IP holders
from Snort alerts. i.e.: I get 250 port scans from IP A, and I have Snort
configured so that if I get so many alerts per second or if I get certain types
of alerts, this program would do an ARIN lookup of the IP owner and send off the
log to them.

I guess one poin tof this would be that since most of our Abuse reports get
ignored, we don't have to waste any time on it either. Comments? TIA!

Marc