Snort mailing list archives

RE: W2k Startup Error

From: "Nels Bels" <nelsbels () cableone net>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 07:43:43 -0500

Once again you need to go down further in the guide to "Configure the actual
snort service".  Changing the the drive won't be an issue. Look at the
following lines:

Guide:  snort /SERVICE /INSTALL -c d:\applications\snort\etc\snort.conf -l
d:\applications\snort\log -ix
You:     snort /SERVICE /INSTALL -de -c c:\snort\etc\snort.conf -l
c:\snort\log -i1

Whats the -de for? What happened to the applications directory? Are you
using that directory?