Snort mailing list archives

Re: Large mysql files in folder /usr/local/mysql/var (Redhat Linux 8.0 ver)

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 08:07:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Sudhakar Gummadi wrote:

I was wondering how I could resolve the issue of the file size growing
very large more than 1GB in the following folder /usr/local/mysql/var
with the file names as

 IDSsnort-bin.001 ,002 and so on... One of our Snort box running on
 Linux had used 100% disk space and crashed.

 Are there any automated scripts which can delete the older file to make
 space on the hard disk.

Turn off binary logging in MySQL.

And use Google [0].  It's amazing how quickly you can get the answer
[1] with it...

-----
Erek Adams

[0] http://www.google.com/search?q=mysql+bin+files&sourceid=opera&num=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8