Snort mailing list archives

Re: Large mysql files in folder /usr/local/mysql/var (Redhat Linux 8.0 ver)

From: K Anderson <freebsduser () comcast net>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 21:16:20 -0700

Sudhakar Gummadi wrote:
I was wondering how I could resolve the issue of the file size growing very large more than 1GB in the following folder
/usr/local/mysql/var with the file names as

 IDSsnort-bin.001 ,002 and so on... One of our Snort box running on Linux had used 100%  disk space and crashed.

 Are there any automated scripts which can delete the older file to make space on the hard disk.

Any suggestion really appreciated.

Thanks
SG

You could create a cron job and shell script to go in and periodicly delete stuff depending on your criteria.