Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort on Wireless

From: Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 11:05:21 -0400

"Sadanapalli, Pradeep Kumar (MED, TCS)" <Pradeep.Sadanapalli () med ge com> writes:

Hi, Anyone running snort on RedHat for wireless network interface?
I need help on this...still my problem is not resolved. I have
already mailed once this problem.  When I am running snort in daemon
mode on my Lucent orinoco wireless network card, networking is
getting disabled. I had to restart the network.

Lots of wireless cards have issues with being in promiscous mode.  Try
a different card, talk to the driver author, or run 2 wireless cards
in your box, one for sniffing, one for using.
--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Let not the sands of time get in your lunch.