Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort on Wireless

From: Michael Santos <msantos () mistwireless com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:33:39 -0400

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 09:20:04AM -0500, Sadanapalli, Pradeep Kumar (MED, TCS) wrote:
Hi,
Anyone running snort on RedHat for wireless network interface?
I need help on this...still my problem is not resolved. I have already
mailed once this problem.
When I am running snort in daemon mode on my Lucent orinoco wireless
network
card, networking is getting disabled. I had to restart the network.

Maybe try using "-p" to disable promiscuous mode?

Any help?

Thnaks in advance..

Pradeep

FWIW, snort runs fine on my NetBSD -current laptop using a Prism
chipset.

Good luck,
--
Michael Santos <msantos () mistwireless com>
Unix Administrator/MIST Inc.