Snort mailing list archives

RE: Question on database for Snort

From: FWAdmin <FWAdmin () nbpower com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 15:47:58 -0400

I wasn't being sarcastic. I was being truthful, I appreciate the responses I
have gotten so far. Within a few hours a few people responded with their
setup, which is what I wanted. You are so far off base, you are playing a
different sport.

I have been doing some research and have found that there is quite a variety
of databases that Snort works with reliably, and I thought that people on
this message board would have something to contribute, telling me what they
are using in their environments and perhaps what I should watch out for.

I have a hard time believing you are calm and easy going if one post pushed
your last nerve. And its hard to believe that you have no time on your hands
if you are willing to bash on someone for a simple statement which was just
to thank the people on this board, and of which you have no evidence that I
was stating something to the contrary. It was quite amazing what you pulled
out of that one statement and assumed immediately. I'm going to assume you
are having a bad hair day and leave it at that.

Despite your initial response, thank you for your opinion on the databases,
and don't read between the lines as much. I am not a 13 year old script
kiddie who can't behave. I am a security professional who appreciates the

Thanks

-Jason