Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Users Yahoo Group

From: "Roy S. Rapoport" <snort-users () ols inorganic org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:27:30 -0700

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 04:14:00PM -0400, Rodney Green wrote:
The snort users list has gotten to be very slow. When a user is looking for
help with something they have to wait as much as an hour or two to get a
first response. It would be nice to have something a little more responsive
than the current users list.

I think you're fooling yourself if you're thinking that the reason
people aren't getting a good technical response within 60 minutes is
because the list is slow.  I think it has more to do with the fact most
people here have lives and jobs that take precedence (except for me, of
course).

<ObGrump>
When I was first starting in IT, we posted on Usenet and waited two
weeks for a response! And it was RTFM! And we liked it!
</ObGrump>

-roy