Snort mailing list archives

RE: Mysql

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 06:03:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Esler, Joel  Contractor wrote:

my problem is that my snort won't write to mysql... i've set it up with
every piece of instruction i can find...google, snort.org...  EVERYTHING...

I also want to have my modular syslog write to mysql, and I can't get to
work either, however, that's WAAAAY off topic.  So if anyone is a mysql
expert out there... please get with me offline..  i am struggling here.

First, lemme refer you to something [0].

Now, I'm going to hazard a guess here since there was not much data in
your posts...  Remove the '-A <blah>' or '-s' from your command line if
it's there.  "Command line switches always override the config file".

If that's not it, give us some more data.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams

[0]     http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=snort-users&m=104230179003344&w=2