Snort mailing list archives

Reducing amount of data

From: Sammy <sammy7887 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:39:32 -0800 (PST)

Are any of you filtering out data being scanned by your Snort sensors?  In other words, is there any traffic that you
are not scanning because you know it isn't malcious or you aren't worried about it being malicious?  I've read in the
past that some people filter outbound traffic on port 80 (web traffic by their employees).  I would really appreciate
anyone sharing what they're doing or any other ideas about how I can reasonably cut down some of the traffic being
scanned and stored by my Snort sensors.  Thanks in advance.