Snort mailing list archives

Re: duplicate preprocessor error

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 16:55:48 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 22 Feb 2003, Ted Llewellyn wrote:

  I am getting an error when I run snort:

Initializing Preprocessors!
ERROR (null) (0) => Duplicate preprocessor keyword!
Fatal Error, Quitting..

[...snip...]

Ok, find out what's going on.  Follow these steps:

1.  ./configure --enable-debug

2.  Look up the section of snort you'd like to debug (look at src/debug.h)
and add up the constants.  Since it's crashing before it even starts, I'd
say DEBUG_ALL is the value you want.

3.  Set the environment variable SNORT_DEBUG to that value.

4. Run snort as normal. You will need to redirect output to a file to cope
with the large amounts of debug output.

There should be something in the output that explains what's going on.

If you don't see something in the output then either send me a private
link, or private email with the full output.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams