Snort mailing list archives

Re: ACID question ..

From: Ken Gunderson <kgunders () teamcool net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:43:12 -0700

On Tuesday 18 February 2003 10:20 am, David Alonso De La Vega Tapage
wrote:
Yes I mean that is this ..  but can't find the problem ..  so far ..
my Snort Box is a RH 7.2   but qhen I chech mi acid_conf.php
everithing appears ok ..

in my /var/www/html/acid_conf.php

$DBlib_path = " ";
$DBtype = " mysql ";

Alert DB conections parameters

$alert_dbname = " snort ";
$alert_host       = " 127.0.0.1 ";
$alert_port       = " ";
$alert_usr         = " snort ";
$alert_passwd  = " xxxx ";

Archive DB conections parameters

$archive_dbname = " snort_archive ";
$archive_host       = " 127.0.0.1 ";
$archive_port       = " ";
$archive_usr         = " snort_archive ";
$archive_passwd  = " xxxx ";

in all case ..  before  move my snort box to the aoutside  ACID can
read right from the DB ..  but after when stay outside not ..    and
I don't do any changes in acid_conf.php only  in snort.conf

Thanx for all ideas .. !

enable logging on mysqld.  something like /etc/my.conf (adjust for rh):

log     = /var/log/mysql.log

or wherever you want to stash you log.  chown mysql.log to user running
mysqld and restart you mysqld.  is acid connecting to db?  is snort
connecting to db?

--
Best regards,

Ken Gunderson