Snort mailing list archives

ACID question ..

From: David Alonso De La Vega Tapage <delavegad () bancoaliado com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 12:20:37 -0500

Yes I mean that is this .. but can't find the problem .. so far .. my Snort Box is a RH 7.2 but qhen I chech mi acid_conf.php everithing appears ok ..

in my /var/www/html/acid_conf.php

$DBlib_path = " ";
$DBtype = " mysql ";

Alert DB conections parameters

$alert_dbname = " snort ";
$alert_host       = " 127.0.0.1 ";
$alert_port       = " ";
$alert_usr         = " snort ";
$alert_passwd  = " xxxx ";

Archive DB conections parameters

$archive_dbname = " snort_archive ";
$archive_host       = " 127.0.0.1 ";
$archive_port       = " ";
$archive_usr         = " snort_archive ";
$archive_passwd  = " xxxx ";

in all case .. before move my snort box to the aoutside ACID can read right from the DB .. but after when stay outside not .. and I don't do any changes in acid_conf.php only in snort.conf

Thanx for all ideas .. !

Erick Mechler wrote:

:: My Snort is OK .. and if I check in text mode all is right .. the :: log, alert etc .. but can't refresh this new data in the browser :: window .. :: :: ever when opend the browser window view the same old data ..

I'm not sure what the problem could be then. If you're sure the new alerts are getting into the DB and you're not seeing them in your browser window, perhaps there's a misconfiguration in your acid_conf.php.

Cheers - Erick