Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort Logging on Linux but NOT to MYSQL on windows

From: "L. Christopher Luther" <CLuther () Xybernaut com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:51:09 -0500

Usually when Snort has problems updating a MySQL database, you will see
errors displayed to Snort console window.  That is, unless Snort is running
in daemon mode.

I am not familiar with the Snort/MySQL instructions posted on the SANS site.
However, I am wondering if you configured the Snort DB in MySQL to use
transactions, and if so, did you also disable MySQL's auto-commit
functionality?

- Christopher