Snort mailing list archives

Traffic anomaly detection

From: Joerg Weber <j.weber () infos de>
Date: 12 Feb 2003 10:12:29 +0100

Ladies and Gentlemen,

we are currently using snort with quite some success (and fun, I might
add). Now, I'm looking at SPADE and have no trouble finding traffic
using unused IP address or dead ports, etc.
What I'm trying to implement is the detection of 'unusual' traffic,
generated by an unknown worm, a warez server, etc.
I assume this is possible with SPADE, could someone confirm this?
If so, could someone share a config file and maybe some alert entry so I
can parse my logs/db for similar entries?

Thanks alot,

J. Weber

--
Joerg Weber