Snort mailing list archives

RE: Redhat 8.0

From: "Wayne T Work" <securitygauntlet () snet net>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:26:06 -0400

Kewl,

Just wanted you opinion on the matter. You are right though, most of the
contrib stuff is Unix based. I have seen some issues with Red Hat 8.0 on the
mailing listsrv. Might want to look at some of the archive info. Seems like
most are going back to RH 7.3. Seems to work a bit better especially on the
install. (By the way, I have installed did on 8.0 with no problems, ACID,
MySQL, Syslog)

Good luck