Snort mailing list archives

Mysql 101 (ACID config)

From: "Edward W. Ray" <ewray_home () mmicman com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 18:52:57 -0700

I have tried installing the ACID, mysql, snort combo on my Red Hat Linux
7.3 box.  The Web page comes up fine; however, I cannot get snort to log
to mysql.  The following error occurs when trying to run Snort in mysql
logging mode:

[root@ns2 .snortrc]# snort -U -d -c /root/.snortrc/snort.conf
Initializing Output Plugins!
Log directory = /var/log/snort

Initializing Network Interface eth0

        --== Initializing Snort ==--
Decoding Ethernet on interface eth0
Initializing Preprocessors!
Initializing Plug-ins!
Parsing Rules file /root/.snortrc/snort.conf

Initializing rule chains...
No arguments to frag2 directive, setting defaults to:
    Fragment timeout: 60 seconds
    Fragment memory cap: 4194304 bytes
    Fragment min_ttl:   0
    Fragment ttl_limit: 5
    Fragment Problems: 0
Stream4 config:
    Stateful inspection: ACTIVE
    Session statistics: INACTIVE
    Session timeout: 30 seconds
    Session memory cap: 8388608 bytes
    State alerts: INACTIVE
    Evasion alerts: INACTIVE
    Scan alerts: ACTIVE
    Log Flushed Streams: INACTIVE
    MinTTL: 1
    TTL Limit: 5
    Async Link: 0
No arguments to stream4_reassemble, setting defaults:
     Reassemble client: ACTIVE
     Reassemble server: INACTIVE
     Reassemble ports: 21 23 25 53 80 143 110 111 513
     Reassembly alerts: ACTIVE
     Reassembly method: FAVOR_OLD
http_decode arguments:
    Unicode decoding
    IIS alternate Unicode decoding
    IIS double encoding vuln
    Flip backslash to slash
    Include additional whitespace separators
    Ports to decode http on: 80
rpc_decode arguments:
    Ports to decode RPC on: 111 32771
telnet_decode arguments:
    Ports to decode telnet on: 21 23 25 119
Using GMT time
Conversation Config:
   KeepStats: 0
   Conv Count: 32000
   Timeout   : 60
   Alert Odd?: 0
   Allowed IP Protocols:  All

Portscan2 config:
    log: /var/log/snort/scan.log
    scanners_max: 3200
    targets_max: 5000
    target_limit: 5
    port_limit: 20
    timeout: 60
database: compiled support for ( mysql )
database: configured to use mysql
database:          user = snort
database: password is set
database: database name = snort
database:          host = 000.000.000.000
database:   sensor name = 192.168.1.102
database:     sensor id = 1
database: mysql_error: Unknown column 'last_cid' in 'field list'
database: mysql_error: Unknown column 'last_cid' in 'field list'
SQL=UPDATE sensor SET last_cid = 54 WHERE sid = 1
database: inconsistent cid information for sid=1
          Recovering by rolling forward the cid=54
database: schema version = 105
database: The underlying database seems to be running an older version
of
          the DB schema (current version=105, required minimum version=
106).

          If you have an existing database with events logged by a
previous
          version of snort, this database must first be upgraded to the
latest
          schema (see the snort-users mailing list archive or DB plugin
          documention for details).

          If migrating old data is not desired, merely create a new
instance
          of the snort database using the appropriate DB creation script
          (e.g. create_mysql, create_postgresql, create_oracle,
create_mssql)
          located in the contrib\ directory.

          See the database documentation for cursory details
(doc/README.database).
          and the URL to the most recent database plugin documentation.
Fatal Error, Quitting..

I have tried to create a new instance of the snort database, and I get
the follwing error:

[root@ns2 root]# mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 27 to server version: 3.23.52

mysql> connect snort

Connection id:    28
Current database: snort

mysql> source create_mysql
ERROR:
Failed to open file 'create_mysql', error: 2
mysql> source /home/create_mysql
mysql: Error reading file '/home/create_mysql' (Errcode: 21)
mysql> source create_mysql
ERROR:
Failed to open file 'create_mysql', error: 2
mysql> exit
Bye

I figure the issue is with mysql, but any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,

Edward W. Ray