Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort acting as a firewall ?????????

From: Alberto Gonzalez <ag-snort () cerebro violating us>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 10:51:07 -0800

Good I love google, I don't have to explain myself again :-)

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=snort-users&m=103664976421426&w=2

Hope that Helps
- Albert

Atul Shrivastava wrote:

*Hi All,*

*Can anyone tell me in detail, how one can make Snort act as a Firewall ???????????*

*I know that Snort can be combined with IP Chains and IP Tables using Gardian to act as a Real Time agent such that it can modify the rules of these firewalls depending on the alerts which it senses, but I doesn't have much knowledge about how we can make Snort to act as a Firewall.*

*I am keen to know about it. If someone has some good tutorials/white papers related to it, then please send it to me.*

*Thanks in advance.*

*Regards and have a nice day,*

*                           Atul Shrivastava <matio://atul_s () email com>*

--
The secret to success is to start from scratch and keep on scratching.