Snort mailing list archives

RE: Logging to Remote Syslog and ACID Console

From: Frank Knobbe <fknobbe () knobbeits com>
Date: 04 Nov 2002 12:17:54 -0600

On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 11:45, Parker, Ian wrote:
Sorry, I should have pointed out that this is a Windows box, so I don't have
a syslog.conf file. If I create one, will Snort look for it? If so, where
should it be located?

Argh! Developers, *please* commit the patch I had supplied to allow
Windows to use the -s flag without overriding the conf file. IF that
doesn't committed, we will continue to see inquiries like on a repeated
basis.

Ian, I had sent a patch to the list for the snort source that would
allow that. I'm sure you'll find it in the archives. Just patch snort
and recompile under Windows.

Regards,
Frank